Cinderella's Caste

Cinderella's Caste

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Running Into a New Adventure: Blogging!

Well hello internet world and welcome to my first blog post! First off thank you for stopping by. I wish I could offer homemade cookies to everyone taking the time to read this, but instead a virtual high five will have to do!

So I will start with the basics: My name is Hope and I hail from the great state of West Virginia. As the “about me” section indicates, I have a passion for running. I also have a passion for all things Disney. I may not be a "real" princess, but my running passion and Disney passion lead me to fall in love with Run Disney events. Run Disney makes you feel like a runner and a princess, and that's something that I find totally awesome! I also love to embrace the fun things in life, like going to the movies, reading, shopping, watching sporting events and enjoying time with my husband, Daniel, and my miniature schnauzer or as I say "fuzzy child," Winston.

The husband has been urging me to start a blog for quite some time, so I guess this is proof that nagging does work! Haha! In all seriousness (I am seldom serious so this is a rare moment folks), I am really happy to finally get this blog project going. Running will be a major focus here, but as the blog title suggests you can expect some posts of other adventures as well as my random (and sometimes rambling) thoughts!

I tend to get excited about even the smallest things in life and I’m VERY EXCITED to finally get this blog up and running. Every runner has a story and in order to not make my first blog post a novel, my next post will feature my personal running journey from where I started to where I am now. Expect some recent race recaps too! I hope you all stick with me even if I can’t actually send you homemade cookies. :) In the meantime, I’d love to hear any suggestions you may have on future posts.

I will leave you with this quote, which I find true to the theme of this blog and the key to living a fulfilling life in general: “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.” – Walt Disney

5 comments:

  1. This only proves to me that my constant nagging... encouragement works! First comment on your new blog btw! I'll take my virtual high five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I've only been here about a week, but it's nice here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Virtual high fives for blogging all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of Blogging!! I look forward to following your adventures and reconnect :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I enjoy your blog too! Miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete