Cinderella's Caste

Cinderella's Caste

Thursday, September 25, 2014

It's Fall Y'all!!!

Well friends fall has officially arrived! This means so many things to me, like enjoying all things pumpkin including the Starbucks gem: the delicious, incredible and amazing pumpkin spice latte! Seriously Debbie Downers, I don’t care what’s in them, I will drink them regardless! But like my girl T. Swift says, “the haters gonna hate hate hate hate!” Fall also brings cooler temperatures to my area, which is great for running, as well as gorgeous foliage. It also means that it’s scarf/hoody/boots time for fashion purposes.

Then of course fall means Halloween. I love Halloween. Dressing up is fun, watching classics like Hocus Pocus over and over is great, and it’s also nice to treat yourself to some candy because hello, it’s a holiday! After Halloween we head right into the holiday season with Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations – my absolute favorite time of the year!

So True!!!
What else does fall bring?! It also means October is ALMOST here, which means my Disney vacation is super close! Today we are in SINGLE DIGITS for the countdown! I’m ecstatic to go “home” to my favorite place! This means the Run Disney Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler is just around the corner as well, in fact NEXT weekend! With the insanely early registration process for Run Disney events, when the husband and I registered for this race months ago (I think right after the Princess Half weekend in February?), I was instantly excited but it felt so far away. Now that it’s so close, my excitement builds more and more every day. Starting our Disney vacation with a Run Disney villain themed event should hopefully be a fun time! I LOVE the Disney Villains! I won’t sugar coat it and I’m sure the race itself will be a challenge, but with the Run Disney extras that are just better than any other type of race, I’m pumped!

After I completed the Runner's World Run Streak on July 4, I gave myself a very brief amount of time off to rest (running for 40 days in a row without a day off isn’t the easiest) and to let my ankle that I tweaked during a late June 5K road race heal. After that, it was back to getting my base in solid gear and time to start the Tower 10-Miler training process. For more details on how our training has gone, check out my previous post here. With the race fast approaching the husband and I are in the taper phase currently. Personally, I enjoy the taper phase because that means the race is almost here! Do you like the taper phase? I know many runners have differing opinions on this so I’d love to hear what you think!
Official Tower 10-Miler merchandise!!!

We will also be joined by our friends for this Disney vacation! Cailyn, my BRF, and her husband, Josh, who also happens to be my cousin, will not only be embarking in Disney fun with us, but they are running the Tower 10-Miler as well! You can check out Cailyn’s hilarious blog here. Embracing the villain theme we all plan to dress up. I even got the husband to agree to a costume (sort of)! A costume reveal is coming up soon! So stay tuned!

Before the race, we will be hitting up one of my absolute favorite Walt Disney World events, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Did I mention I love Halloween? Well this special ticket Disney event combines my love of Halloween, Disney and the Disney Villains! Trick-or-Treating around the Magic Kingdom is open to ALL AGES and EVERYONE is encouraged to wear a costume! Disney characters, like Donald and Mickey, are also decked out in their Halloween costumes, which is super cute. The Boo to You Parade and Hallowishes are pure magic (like everything Disney) as well. While I give Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade a slight edge, the Boo to You parade is hands down my favorite Disney parade! I love seeing characters, like those from the Haunted Mansion, that you never see out and about otherwise.
The husband and I as Mario and Princess Peach for MNSSHP 2012!!!
We have group costumes planned for the Halloween party as well, but you might just have to wait and see the day of for that! Follow me on Instagram @lilrunner1485 or Twitter @lilrunner for my vacation updates! So now the last few days await before vacation. They will be filled with the normal work flow, a few more training runs, and packing! See ya real soon Disney! Happy fall to everyone as well!!!

2 comments: